Welcome to the Arcata Elementary Preschool Enrollment process!
Step 1: Get on the wait list.
Step 2: Get a call for an open slot.
Step 3: Enrollment Paperwork: Fill out all 10 Forms.
You can pick up a COMPLETE packet at the preschool or downloaded each form below.
Step 4: Return forms to the preschool
Missing or incomplete forms will slow down the enrollment process and can jeopardize your chances of reviving the open slot.
There is a lot of information below, but we are here to walk you through it all.
1. Admission Agreement
This form correlates with our Preschool Family Handbook.
Please initial sections on both sides, fill out completely, and sign.
2. PHYSICIAN'S REPORT
- This form needs to be taken to your child's CURRENT physician's office (in state).
- Please have your physician fill out ALL sections (allergies, medication, and medical diagnoses must be on this form. * a CARE FORM and MEDICATION FORM may also be required).
- They can put immunizations on the form, print out and attached, or bring in your YELLOW CARD.
- You AND the physician MUST sign.
- You may NOT substitute the ELEMENTARY school physicians form or print off medical information and attach it to this form. Community Care Licensing requirers this specific form.
***YOU DO NOT NEED A NEW PHYSICAL OR DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TO GET THIS FORM FILLED OUT. Most offices will let you drop off this form and then pick it up later OR they can FAX the form to Arcata Elementary School (please put attention preschool on the top).
*****If you are having difficulty getting this form filled out, please let us know. TURN IN ALL OTHER PAPERWORK WITH A COPY OF YOUR IMMUNIZATIONS.
3. EMERGENCY AND IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
This forms stays in your child's office file. It is similar to the next form.
4. Emergency Contact
- This form is used in the classroom.
- Make sure you add ALL phone numbers to reach you.
- Emergency contacts: you need somebody OTHER than you in this section with a local working number.
- Add all people that could pick up.
THIS FORM CAN BE EDITED THOUGH OUT THE YEAR!
5. CHILD'S PRE ADMISSION HEALTH HISTORY PARENT'S REPORT
Please be as honest on this form as you can. It helps us to get to know your child and their needs before they start.
6. Field Trip and Photo Release Form
Top half allows your child to go on local field trips. We will always notify you in advanced if we are leaving school campus.
Bottom half allows us to post pictures of your child on social media (website or Facebook), newspapers, advertisements, or other school publications.
7. PERSONAL RIGHTS
Informs parents what their rights are regarding their child at our center.
8. CHILD CARE CENTER NOTIFICATION OF PARENTS RIGHTS
Informs you where how to contact Community Care Licensing
9. CONSENT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT
This form allows the Arcata Elementary Preschool to obtain medial treatment for your child if you cannot be reached or if an emergency arises that needs immediate medical treatment.
PLEASE LIST ALL MEDICATION ALLERGIES.
10. Arcata Elementary Preschool Handbook Agreement
This form states that you received the most current copy of the Arcata Elementary Parent Handbook.
11. Medical CARE PLAN ONLY AS NEEDED
Fill out Care plan: If your child has ANY medical needs: food allergies, medications, or Medical Condition that would require specialized care.
* Use the Consent to Administer Medication at School form if there are ANY medications to be held at school
* Use the Meal Modification form for any food allergies that require substitution. Please have Dr. List substitutions.