Mission and Philosophy
Arcata Elementary Preschool will provide quality, affordable care that allows for input from staff, parents, and the children in order to consistently improve and create a dynamic program. A caring, nurturing, stimulating environment that promotes physical, social, and mental growth will be provided to all participants. We recognize the uniqueness of the individual child, family and the community in which we reside. We provide a safe place to test boundaries where children can learn through their experiences to better understand themselves and one another.
According to the State, the program goal of a Child Development Program is to provide an efficient and effective preschool, as determined by community needs, offering a full range of services in a safe, healthful, and nurturing environment for children ages two and a half to five. There are six key dimensions:
2. Teaching and Learning- to ensure that all students are provided with integrated and coordinated programs based on student needs and educationally sound and acceptable educational practices.
3. Opportunity (equal educational access) – to ensure that all students have equitable access to, and opportunity to participate in and benefit from, high- quality curricular and extracurricular activities
4. Staffing and Professional Growth – to ensure that students have access to qualified teachers, administrators, and other staff members .All educators have access to high-quality professional growth opportunities.
5. Parent and Community Involvement – to ensure that parents and members of the community, including business, industry, and labor, have the opportunity to assist in and support the educational process through participation in decision making, training and volunteer activities, and through the creation of partnerships
6. Governance and Administration – to ensure that all schools conduct high-quality programs that are effectively managed and operated within appropriate legal parameters.